- Over 688,000 children live in Dallas County
- More than a quarter of Dallas County Children live in poverty
- Black and Hispanic Children are 3-4 times as likely as white children to live in poverty
- Texas has the worst rate of childhood food insecurity meaning:
- Hungry children are more likely to Miss more school
- Hungry children are less attentive in school
- Hungry children are more likely to be held back or fail
- Hungry children are more likely to drop out
What does this mean for public education?
Statistics source: Making Ends Meet: How Do Dallas Families and Children Fare?